DisclaimerEverything in this site is a personal philosophy and should not be regarded in any way as professional or therapeutic advice. It's simply a site with a few ideas.
About this book
Happiness is not about positive thinking, spirituality, random acts of kindness, or even love and compassion. It’s about satisfying long-term, ongoing innate needs.
Who is this book for?
If you are young, this book is for you. It’s to tell you things I wish I had been told when I was young.
What is happiness?
SECTION 1. THE NEED TO FEEL SAFE
1. What are you feeling?
- What are you thinking? What are you feeling?
- Label it. And be specific!
- Distinguish between your thoughts and feelings.
- What presses your button?
- Don’t talk like a zombie
- Charlotte and the Creatures of the Dark Forest
- Ignore the dills in the peanut gallery
- The Adventures of Sir Thrustalot.
- Find the hidden thoughts.
2. Emotional beliefs
3. Be angry.
4. Be vulnerable.
5. Reduce the intensity of an unwanted emotion
Category Archives: What is the difference . . .
For those of you wanting a quick answer: To have high self-esteem is to love oneself. To have a high self-worth is to feel worthyof love, by no one in particular. To have self-worth is to have an inner flame … Continue reading