DisclaimerEverything in this site is a personal philosophy and should not be regarded in any way as professional or therapeutic advice. It's simply a site with a few ideas.
About Mark Avery
Mark doesn’t like it when a happiness guru offers him the secrets to happiness. Nor does he like it when they link happiness with success. So, he looked into it, and became a happiness ‘expert’ himself.
However, Mark is different. He doesn’t link happiness with success, positive thinking, spirituality, random acts of kindness, or even love and compassion.
He doesn’t tell you what to think, what to believe, or what emotions to have.
No, he has figured out what really does make a person happy, and there is nothing secret about it. That’s because deep down, each and every one of us already knows.
Is this book for you?
Not if you want to be told what thoughts to think and what emotions to feel.
And, if you want to be told to love yourself then leave this site now. You won’t find banalities like that here.
This book is about changing our awareness and our behaviours, because that’s all we really can change. And that’s what gets results.
1. The innate need to be resilient.
2. Be aware of what you are feeling.
- Be aware of what you are feeling
- Key 2. Be specific when you describe an emotion.
- Key 3. Don’t catastrophise.
- Key 4. Are you feeling other emotions?
- Key 5. Distinguish between thoughts and feelings.
- Key 6. Don’t talk like a zombie.
- Key 7. Alice and the creatures of the Dark Forest.
- Key 8. Cry to become resilient.
- Key 9. Don’t ‘fake it until you make it’
- Key 10. Ignore the dills in the peanut gallery.
- Key 11. Do you have a default emotion?
- Key 12. Find the hidden thoughts.
- Our enjoyable emotions.
- Key 13. What presses your button?
3. Be aware of your emotional beliefs.
4. What creates our emotions?
5. Unwanted thoughts.
6. Be angry.
7. Be vulnerable.
8. Reduce the intensity of an unwanted emotion.
9. Move through fear.
10. Judging people.
11. Take responsibility for how your life unfolds.
12. Become unbreakable.
13. Feel invincible.
In conclusion . . .
Category Archives: Tip 7. All emotions are okay.
Once upon a time, a young girl called Alice was in a paddock warming herself in the sun and throwing pine cones at Farmer Brown’s beehives. Alongside the paddock was the Dark Forest. Out from the Dark Forest strode Anger. Anger was … Continue reading