DisclaimerEverything in this site is a personal philosophy and should not be regarded in any way as professional or therapeutic advice. It's simply a site with a few ideas.
About Mark Avery
Mark doesn’t like it when a happiness guru reckons they’ll tell him the secrets to happiness. Nor does he like it when they link happiness with success. So he looked into it, and became a happiness 'expert' himself.
However, Mark is different. He doesn’t link happiness with success, positive thinking, spirituality, random acts of kindness, or even love and compassion.
He doesn't tell you what to think, what to believe, or what emotions to have.
No, he has figured out what really does make a person happy, and there is nothing secret about it. That's because deep down, each and every one of us already knows.
1. The innate need to be resilient.
2. Be aware of what you are feeling.
- Be aware of what you are feeling
- Key 2. Be specific when you describe an emotion.
- Key 3. Don’t catastrophise.
- Key 4. Are you feeling other emotions?
- Key 5. Distinguish between thoughts and feelings.
- Key 6. Don’t talk like a zombie.
- Key 7. Alice and the creatures of the Dark Forest.
- Key 8. Cry to become resilient.
- Key 9. Don’t ‘fake it until you make it’
- Key 10. Ignore the dills in the peanut gallery.
- Key 11. Do you have a default emotion?
- Key 12. Find the hidden thoughts.
- Our enjoyable emotions.
- Key 13. What presses your button?
3. Be aware of your emotional beliefs.
4. What creates our emotions?
5. Unwanted thoughts.
6. Be angry.
7. Be vulnerable.
8. Reduce the intensity of an unwanted emotion.
9. Move through fear.
10. Judging people.
11. Take responsibility for how your life unfolds.
12. Become unbreakable.
13. Feel invincible.
In conclusion . . .